Well, Super Bowl Sunday is upon us.
As millions of fans gather to watch the game, there will be some epic snacking taking place.
Fact: On Super Bowl weekend, Americans are expected to eat 1.25 billion chicken wings — that’s 100 million pounds — according to a new report by the National Chicken Council (Sidebar: there’s a National Chicken Council?)
Anyways… while chicken wings tend to be the snack of choice, there are SO many other options out there!
When we host for a sporting event, i like to serve a variety of snacks.
My go-to’s when hosting a sporting crowd tend to include:
- Slow cooker something. Whether its homemade meatballs, maple pulled pork or a spicy chilli, the slow cooker is always on at the party.
- Dip. I make a mean taco dip and when served with the right tortilla chip, is a crowd pleaser.
- Veggies. For a lighter side of snacking, always have a vegetable tray with dip. You can make your own, or buy the prepackaged tubs from the grocery store.
- Cheese plate. A variety of hard and soft cheese and some crackers. It’s so gouda.
- Something sweet. Cookies, brownies or something else that will tickle a sweet tooth.
What are your picks for a sports party with a variety of discerning palates?
Also? Since I don’t actually follow football, i really don’t have a team to cheer for. So my pick for Superbowl Sunday is Beyoncé
Happy Super Bowl!